Product Positioning Methods
Positioning is what the shopper believes about your product’s worth, options, and advantages; it’s a comparability to the opposite out there options supplied by the competitors. These beliefs are inclined to based mostly on buyer experiences and proof, somewhat than consciousness created by promoting or promotion.
Entrepreneurs handle product positioning by focusing their advertising actions on a positioning technique. Pricing, promotion, channels of distribution, and promoting all are geared to maximise the chosen positioning technique.
Usually, there are six fundamental methods for product positioning:
1. By attribute or benefit- That is probably the most continuously used positioning technique. For a lightweight beer, it is perhaps that it tastes nice or that it’s much less filling. For toothpaste, it is perhaps the mint style or tartar management.
2. By use or application- The customers of Apple computer systems can design and use graphics extra simply than with Home windows or UNIX. Apple positions its computer systems based mostly on how the pc shall be used.
3. By user- Fb is a social networking web site used solely by faculty college students. Fb is just too cool for MySpace and serves a smaller, extra subtle cohort. Solely faculty college students might take part with their campus e-mail IDs.
4. By services or products class- Margarine competes as an alternative choice to butter. Margarine is positioned as a decrease value and more healthy various to butter, whereas butter supplies higher style and healthful components.
5. By competitor- BMW and Mercedes usually examine themselves to one another segmenting the market to only the crème de la crème of the auto market. Ford and Chevy needn’t apply.
6. By value or quality- Tiffany and Costco each promote diamonds. Tiffany desires us to consider that their diamonds are of the best high quality, whereas Costco tells us that diamonds are diamonds and that solely a chump can pay Tiffany costs.
Positioning is what the shopper believes and never what the supplier desires them to consider. Positioning can change due the counter measures taken on the competitors. Managing your product positioning requires that you understand your buyer and that you simply perceive your competitors; typically, that is the job of market analysis not simply what the enterpreneur thinks is true.